Spring cannot come fast enough after the long, cold winter. Flowers will blossom and days will get longer; we will all be spending more time outdoors before you know it. But with the warmer weather, we also get the unwelcome indications of spring ‒ the increased presence of termites in search of food sources.
But with regular termite inspections in Bogangar and the following prevention tips, you can ensure your home does not attract termite infestations.
What You Can Do To Prevent Termite Infestation On Your Property
Termite control is a two-part process that prevents termites from entering your house and treating identified termite colonies.
- Repair any water leaks both inside and outside to eliminate damp areas.
- Termites feed on mulch, timber debris, landscaping timbers, timber retaining walls, tree stumps and firewood, so keep these at least 20 feet away from your property.
- To prevent introducing moisture to your foundation, make sure all downpipes are in good order and connected to stormwater, air conditioner & hot water overflows are draining into a drain, grade the soil so that water drains away from the foundation.
- Inspect the perimeter around your house’s wall exterior regularly for evidence of termite mud tubes, and look at door frames, window frames and skirting boards for bubbled or blistered paint or hollow areas where termites may have caused damaged.
Professional Termite Treatment And Prevention
Insurance companies do not cover termite damage, so it is something you are going to want to have absolute certainty about. Unfortunately, infestations can go undetected for a long time, and often once they are detected, the structural damage to your property has already been done.
The best way to ensure prevention is to call in the experts.
- Have a competent specialist evaluate and inspect your home on a regular basis, usually once a year.
- Work with a pest control expert to address issues surrounding your property that might encourage termite activity, such as excess moisture and wood-to-ground contact.
- Have a pest control expert determine which termite protection options would be most effective depending on the structure of your home. Either a chemical barrier or a termite baiting and monitoring system. If active termites are located, recommend the best way to eradicate them.
STOP It’s Hamma Time!
If you require pest control or termite inspection and management, Hamma Pest Solutions are here to help! We offer over two decades of experience in prevention, control, management and termite inspection in Bogangar and its surrounding suburbs.
We use the latest in innovation when it comes to termite detection, management solutions and techniques, such as an infrared camera and are accredited to use industry-leading termite baiting/monitoring system Trelona as well industry-leading termiticide Termidor. We always ensure the highest quality service at the most affordable price. Get in touch today!